Saturday, November 27, 2010

And So It Is...

Have you ever heard of the hypothetical theory of the parallel universe?
It is in fact effected by the frequently asked question in life, "What if...?"

"What if we had made a different decision then?"
"What if we had taken a different route?"
What if, what if, what if...
How would our lives be different?

The question is, are there replicas of ourselves right now at this very moment living in parallel universes, due to the different decisions we might have made and the different routes we might have taken?

A friend once told me, there are a near 7 billion people in the world. How 2 people can meet, be friends, fall in love, share a life together, that in itself is quite amazing and magical altogether. Don't you think so?

Perhaps I do.

At the crossroads of our lives, we're only eligible to take one path and never look back. But often we do and we regret our decisions. I'd say don't. Pointless, really. It's not like you can change anything anyway. You've got to believe in this path that you've chosen for yourself and keep fighting for the things you want.

I've come across many crossroads in my life thus far, the latest being the choice of studying locally at NTU or overseas at UniMelb. Having made my choice, I believe that everything happens for a reason. And the people you meet at different points in your life are meant to be there for a reason, to shape your life to a certain extent.

In retrospect, I've made friends whom I'd cherish all my life. Friends who really mean a lot to me. They're like stars in my night sky of life, including my family as well of course. And maybe once in a while, just maybe, you'll chance upon a glowing star.

Embrace the moment,
even if it's just for a moment.

2 comments:

Post a Comment