Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Of Wishes And Reality

You know, I swore off making birthday wishes or any wishes of any sorts. Because I don't believe in them. Tested and proven.

Wishing wells too, from the one in Japan, to the one in Taiwan and finally to the one in Italy. They all didn't come true. In fact, reality turned out worse than what I wished for. It has an amazing tendency to take my wish, turn it 180 degrees round, and accelerate it with the fastest of all speeds.

That's why I gave up making any more wishes.

But that day I still made one over my birthday cake. Because my friends told me to, and I was kinda 'pressured' at that point in time. And so I did, without thinking. Now that I think about it, I should have wished for something that I didn't want, so that maybe, just maybe, I would get something that I actually want or hope for, for that matter.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for."

Too late for regrets.
I think my counter-wish is acting real fast, and coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment