Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pre-Departure Jitters

So, I've more or less settled everything that needs to be settled and I'm just waiting to fly. Now I'm left with packing my room and my luggage, which I haven't really gotten down to actually doing it. Such a procrastinator when it comes to packing. And somehow we're all experiencing this strange situation where we're eager to start a new lease of life in Melbourne, at the same time we're sad to leave our friends and family behind. On the other hand, we're just a tad apprehensive about the uncertainties we might face there. Okay, maybe it's a pretty normal situation after all, but it hits you hard nearing the date of departure.

In any case, I've met up with Clarence's friends for dinner the other day; Kenneth and Geraldine who are also heading over to Melbourne. Just learned of it not too long ago and they're great company to have. And I have mutual friends with both Kenneth and Geraldine, how small this world is. I guess it certainly helps having friends whom you actually know beforehand going over with you. Clarence and I are sure going to have quite an experience living with each other.

Agenda for Pre-Departure:

- Buy stationery.
- Set up iMac for Mom.
- Apply Exit Permit.
- Read up more on my intended subject combinations and orientation package.
- Plan timetable.
- Farewell Lunches/Dinners.
- Pack! (oh the horrors)

Post-Arrival:

- Set up bank account.
- Hunt for the best internet service provider & telco.
- Buy daily necessities.
- Set up apartment.
- City orientation.
- Ask for more credit exemptions at Academic Advice Day!
- UniMelb orientation.
- Meet up with Melbourne friends;
Job Hunting - Siokhui
UniMelb - Lynette
Monash - Lucien, Yu Mou, Yanting & Jessica
RMIT - Dale & Blessann


Wow. Now that's a hell lot of things to do.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment