Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunny Sunday

The sun was out today, and I probably perspired for the first time since arriving in Melbourne because I was kind of rushing out of the house. Still, it's only 12 degrees odd when it's sunny. Loving it!

Went out with Charmaine to Melbourne Central to shop, well, window shop in my case. Apparently AX was having a sale. But somehow the collection here did not entice me as much as the ones back home in Singapore. And Charmaine felt bad about spending money after buying 3 t-shirts and a necklace, then the guilt lessened after learning that I had spent on a Fossil watch here.

Headed over to Collins Street after to have a look at the LVs, Guccis, Pradas and whatnot. Nice architecture they have on Collins Street, very different from Bourke Street, the shopping district, although they are only a street apart.

Met up with Yanting for dinner. It's been quite a while since I last saw her, perhaps half a year ago? We had Japanese food! She recommended the Gyu Tan Don, which is in fact Ox Tongue on rice. I was a bit apprehensive about it but it turned out great! Tasted like beef but with a different texture. And we had dessert at this Taiwan dessert place. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Ox Tongue!


Gyoza.

Honey Peach Snow Ice with Pearls.

And we're going to watch Inception this friday or so. Finally! The much talked about show.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment