Monday, March 21, 2011

Have You Ever


You know, if I were to like a song, the lyrics must be able to relate to how I'm feeling at that moment. That's the first thing I look out for. They don't have to be really poetic, sometimes simplicity is beautiful too. Lyrics over music anytime, it has always been for me.

On the contrary, some people like a song because of its melody. For instance, Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat's "Lucky" is a very nice song, but it's also a very happy song. Don't you feel that you'll like it more when you're feeling happy, yet it doesn't have any impact on you when you're feeling sad? Well, it's like that for me.

I listen to songs almost every night on my bed before I sleep, it's been a habit. I remember listening to Uncle Kracker's "Smile" at one point in time last semester for almost a week, because it literally made me smile just listening to it. And sometimes, you just seek solace in certain songs.

Pretty interesting how my song choices are selective according to my mood, and how they complement it for the night.

2 comments:

jessica ♥ said...

Agree! Song lyrics make the songs more special even if the melody ain't that great. HAHA i tried explaining that to zx but he doesn't agree. He only goes for the voice, like those powehouse kind, ignoring the lyrics -_-"

ANDY NG said...

haha different perception i guess. i don't know abt zx, cos i seldom listen to chinese songs nowadays. but jw always listens to those weird weird songs, catchy sometimes nonetheless, but damn meaningless. got him to listen to more meaningful songs lately though. :)

Post a Comment