Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stoic; Poignant Yet Strong

A friend asked me today..
"Why do you look so down these few days?"

Well, obviously she knows why, and she was just asking out of concern. I appreciate that.

"I don't know why also."

In all honesty I did not have an answer right there and then. I mean, perhaps I do know what's the reason, but I just didn't know what triggered the moody feelings in particular.

I forced a smile.

And somehow, seeing how Japan is suffering right now, I don't really see the need to smile, that much anyway. Stuff like that affects the whole world in one way or another, and you see people you don't know suffering, trying their best to rebuild and resume their lives again, trying their best to be strong. Inevitably, you would feel a lot for them and a heavy sense of benevolence, 'cause it's just so sad.

How can we then, as observers, laugh, be happy and don't give a damn about anything?

When can we ever be okay again?

No comments:

Post a Comment